Operational Finance Administrator - Birmingham
The Operational Finance Administrator is principally responsible for assisting with operational billing, operational Finance report follow up, and financial queries. The role sits within a team supporting the Claims Solutions Group section of our business.
- Support Claims Solutions Group lawyers in relation to financial issues arising on individual matters, forming a link between Finance and the lawyers
- Support Heads of Operations with the follow up required on the following reports:
- Trust Balance report – providing detailed explanations of reasons balances have arisen and advising on action required to clear and carrying out as required
- Unbilled Disbursement - ensuring supplier costs are timeously billed to client
- Inactive Reports – ensuring reconciliation of outstanding balances and prompt closure when applicable; and
- Matter set-up Exception reports - ensuring key fields on matter set up are completed
- Collating missing data relevant to the payment of our bills – including cleansing existing data
- Assisting the Operational Finance Supervisor with tasks / projects as required. These may include projects relating to continuous process improvement and/or root cause analysis etc.
- Assisting the lawyers with queries on financial matters such as WIP, disbursements, billing and client account balances
- Maintaining bordereaux bills, enabling efficient billing
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands and seek guidance and input from others where appropriate.
- High standard of written and oral communication skills
- High standard of data accuracy and IT skills including ability to create and maintain spreadsheets – intermediate Excel skills essential
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- A high level of personal compliance with DAC Beachcroft Group protocols and procedures
- Experience of using a case management system preferred
- Experience of finance systems preferred
- Confident in own ability and able to look for a resolution prior to escalating
- Flexibility to travel to other offices (the role will ideally be based in Birmingham)
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org