HR Business Partner
As HR Business Partner, you will be partnering with key stakeholders to provide strategic HR advice and services to the Claims Solutions Group, whilst working closely with specialists in the central HR function and broader Operational team.
With a strong commercial and pragmatic approach to people matters, you will work with your key stakeholders to provide full HR generalist support and guidance in line with business strategy. This will include the implementation of various HR lifecycle processes and supporting projects and continuous improvement initiatives, linked to reward and recognition, driving high performance, resource management, engagement, cultural change, talent development, succession and employee relations. Please note that this opportunity is to cover maternity leave and will be a minimum six month fixed term contract.
- Understanding the business drivers and specific challenges within each allocated product area, to ensure HR advice and services are aligned to the business strategy and need.
- Influence key business decisions and driving regular HR processes to ensure the pragmatic application of HR best practice.
- Use HR management information and other data to identify people risks and trends which affect business performance and work with stakeholders to implement appropriate and timely solutions to help maximise performance.
- Support the business in identifying, coaching and developing high potential/ performing individuals, and ensure a succession pipeline is in place for key roles.
- Take the HR lead in projects and change programmes (including business acquisition and integration exercises) ensuring that objectives are achieved and business benefits realised.
- Coach, support, mentor and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and procedures, providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to embed the firm’s cultural principles and to minimise un-necessary risk.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally will have previous experience of operating as a HR Business Partner, or an equivalent generalist role, preferably within a professional services, financial or commercial environment
- Considerable operational experience of providing complex employee relations advice and support is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to build influential relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- A pragmatic approach to applying HR technical expertise and knowledge to a range of business problems.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- A client service-focused approach.
- Is collaborative, with a flexible can do attitude, as well as demonstrating a synergy with the firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
- Commercial awareness, including an understanding of the drivers of business performance, good data analysis skills and the ability to provide commercially viable and creative solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to evidence successful implementation of people projects
- Flexibility to work from other office locations.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com