DAC Beachcroft are looking to recruit our next Administrative Assistant to join our growing business on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a high standard of administrative support to a number of Legal Secretaries and Fee Earners in a dynamic and fast paced environment. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Emma Colls email@example.com
- To assist with the running of files to ensure deadlines are met and cases managed proactively
- Ensure work is carried out effectively to meet the needs of the clients
- Preparing bundles for Counsel/Experts
- Accounts queries – re outstanding invoices and billing
- Logging Invoices on Elite
- Maintain accurate management and client information on an ongoing basis, in line with client and location protocols
- Correspondence – running general routines from Solcase
- Diarising Court Directions
- Booking Couriers and arranging special deliveries
- Booking meeting rooms for all offices on the Condeco system
- Booking dial in telephone conferences and recorded conferences with Kidatu
- Printing documents from Solcase and collating
- Sending faxes
- Other administrative duties, as required
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols
- Helping to maintain a clean office and clear desk
- Ensure fee earners are updated in relation to deadlines for work
- Regularly liaising with fee earners within the team and Secretarial Team Leader to keep them updated as to workflows
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with minimum C grade passes in Maths and English
- Previous experience in an administrative role is essential, ideally within a professional services environment
- Practical experience of file management
- Experience of using a case management and finance systems preferred
- IT literate with working knowledge of Word
- Good telephone manner
- Organised and able to prioritise and manage a constantly changing workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate
- A co-operative team player who is able to work effectively within a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and enthusiastic approach to their work
- Willing to contribute and support others as part of a team effort
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.