Supervisor - Commercial and Household Recovery
DAC Beachcroft's Claims Solutions Group Property team provides solutions to the Insurance Property Recovery Sectors. Our specialist property and recovery team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
- Public Liability / Property Damage claims
- Property subsidence
- Property recovery
- Fraud recovery
- Credit hire recovery
- Motor recovery
Through effective management, supervision and coaching of fee earners, to be accountable for the following:
- This role will be managing 4 paralegals and the smooth transition of work into a litigation team whilst maintaining your own caseload of work.
- Ensuring files are run pro-actively and effectively to conclusion by the relevant fee earner, with appropriate deadlines met.
- Ensuring that fee earners work effectively to meet the needs of the clients and the commercial requirements of the firm, managing any identified fee earner performance or conduct issues to include;
- Ensuring any client complaint, emerging risk or compliance issues within a case are identified, addressed and escalated to the Team Manager within required timescales, as well as ensuring that relevant learning points are highlighted and actioned.
- Managing performance issues for individual fee earners within their sub-team, which could include carrying out investigations, supporting the implementation and review of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPS) and providing additional technical support or training to fee earners.
- Driving and improving individual fee earner financial performance through effective management and support of fee earners.
- Supporting the Team Manager with recruitment activities, such as interviewing and application short-listing.
- Responsible for the induction of new joiners and ongoing technical development of fee earners.
The Ideal Candidate
- Sufficient technical ability to supervise the allocated sub-team .
- A high level of personal compliance with DAC Beachcroft Group protocols and procedures.
- Evidence of achievement of personal financial performance.
- Evidence of commercial acumen.
- Evidence of effective people management skills including the ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members at all levels.
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to communicate confidently orally and in writing at all levels.