Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive - Subsidence
A new opportunity has arisen within the Claims Solution Group within our International Law Firm DAC Beachcroft. We are looking for the next Solicitor to join our team within our Property Department specifically within the Subsidence Team.
If you're interested in the role but have some questions you'd like to ask before applying, please contact Sarah Carter-Barford: email@example.com
- Effectively running the file to ensure deadlines are met and cases managed proactively to conclusion.
- Ensure work is carried out effectively to meet the needs of the clients, the commercial requirements of the firm and the quality standards to include.
- Engaging with clients where appropriate to maximise opportunities to meet and build rapport with clients, at all times acting as an ambassador of the firm.
- Contribute to Business Development and client relationship activity in support of the Client Relationship Partner where required.
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
The Ideal Candidate
- A high level of personal compliance with firm protocols and procedures.
- Good legal knowledge relevant to their area of expertise.
- Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues. High standard of written and oral communication skills.
- Confident negotiator.
- Able to produce work to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail and concern for quality of service.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.