Paralegal - Vehicle Hire Fraud - Birmingham
Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.
The Vehicle Hire Fraud team is a specialised market leading team. The team deals with both pre-litigated and litigated technical claims. It has a reputation for robustly defending Vehicle Hire Fraud claims of all types including artificial exaggeration, sharp practice, illegality etc.
The successful candidate will generally be required to balance the competing demands of a high value credit hire claim whilst ensuring the proper fraud investigations are carried out. These claims will often include a general damages element, the claims are not limited to special damages.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling the claims themselves from a litigation perspective but also for tracking and analysing behaviours with a view to providing insurers with bespoke strategies.
The team adopts a collaborative approach where both reactive and proactive investigation are promoted, working hand in hand with our clients and agencies such as IFED/ IFB etc.
Why join our Vehicle Hire Fraud Team?
Given the size of the team and the number of clients we work with there is a real opportunity for growth and development. Progression can either be by technical development and/or progression to supervisor or managerial role.
We also actively encourage and support professional funding for further qualification such as Cilex or to qualify as a solicitor.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you will do
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Handling a caseload of predominantly litigated claims, with an appropriate level of supervision, potentially across a number of different clients. These claims will all be motor, and will have concerns on them for reasons of fraud. The cases will be a mixture of Delegated and Non-Delegated authority.
- Acting as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Ensuring full compliance with clients' SLAs and DAC Beachcroft's internal protocols.
- Demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Achieving annual fee targets and hitting 1440 chargeable hours per year (if full time).
- Supporting marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training.
- Building an awareness of the Firm's other services, developing effective internal and external networks.
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and meeting Solicitors Regulatory Authority CPD requirements, where necessary.
- Prompt and accurate provision of MI.
Who you are
- Experienced case handler (Paralegal / Litigation Executive, Legal Executive or Solicitor), preferably with a strong litigation background.
- Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules.
- Expertise in fraud is beneficial, but not essential, as the successful candidate will be fully trained in dealing with fraud cases.
- Confident negotiator and communicator.
- First class investigation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision but also a team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving.
- Knowledge of credit hire, overseas claims and automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) claims is beneficial.
- A commercial perspective on legal issues.
About DAC Beachcroft
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 141 practice area rankings across Chambers UK 2023 and The Legal 500 2023 and over 230 individual lawyers ranked in the two guides.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. Our most recent accolades include being named the top winner at the 2022 Legal Innovation Awards with two awards, bringing home two National Insurance Awards in 2023 for ‘Insurance Law’ and ‘Innovative Product’, winning ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Public’ at both the 2021 and 2022 HealthInvestor Awards and ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Private’ at the 2021 awards, and being named ‘Arbitration Team of the Year’ at the 2022 British Legal Awards. Regionally in the UK, we were named ‘Law Firm of the Year – Large’ in the 2022 Yorkshire Legal Awards and ‘Innovators of the Year’ at the 2022 Bristol Law Society Awards.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
What you need to know about applying
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com