Paralegal - Property
A new opportunity has arisen within the Claims Solution Group within our International Law Firm DAC Beachcroft. We are looking for the next Paralegal to join our team within our Property Department specifically within the Recoveries Team.
- With an appropriate level of supervision general recoveries undertaking predominantly small claims litigation with task based work on simple procedure and ordinary cause claims.
- Task based activities on claims for solicitors, carrying out preliminary investigations and evidence gathering.
- Drafting letters and reports to clients.
- Negotiating damages and legal expenses with third party loss adjusters, insurers and solicitors.
- Research tasks and analysis of documents in order to provide advice to other team members or direct to clients.
- Enforcement of judgements against third parties.
- Working on cases which are predominantly Pursuer in nature, but which may include managing a range of Defender claims.
The Ideal Candidate
- Preferably have a minimum of a degree in Law (LLB or equivalent) or Paralegal qualification.
- Be highly organised and a confident communicator with an outstanding eye for detail.
- Be interested in and preferably have a basic understanding of general contract and delict.
- Be interested in and willing to learn insurance property damage law.
- Be interested in and willing to learn the technical aspects of construction and property investigation as required for the role.
- Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
- Be team orientated, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to claims settlement
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications and your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.