Paralegal - Complex Property
A new opportunity has arisen within the Claims Solution Group within our International Law Firm DAC Beachcroft. We are looking for the a Paralegal to join our team within the Complex Property Team. There is likely to be an opportunity to apply for a position of Trainee Solicitors within the first year of joining.
- With an appropriate level of supervision general recoveries undertaking predominantly simple procedure litigation with task based work on ordinary cause and Court of Session claims.
- Task based activities on claims for solicitors, carrying out preliminary investigations and evidence gathering.
- Drafting letters and reports to clients.
- Negotiating damages and legal expenses with third party loss adjusters, insurers and solicitors.
- Research tasks and analysis of documents in order to provide advice to other team members or direct to clients.
- Enforcement of judgements against third parties.
- Working on cases which are predominantly Pursuer in nature, but which may include managing a range of Defender claims.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have a degree in Law (LLB or equivalent) and have obtained the Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Be highly organised and a confident communicator with an outstanding eye for detail.
- Be interested in and have a basic understanding of general contract and delict.
- Be interested in and willing to learn insurance property damage law.
- Be interested in and willing to learn the technical aspects of construction and property investigation as required for the role.
- Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
- Be team orientated, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to claims settlement