Membership Tax Accountant - Bristol
DAC Beachcroft has a fantastic opportunity for a qualified (or part qualified) and experienced Tax Accountant to join our Group Tax team on a full-time, permanent, hybrid basis in our Bristol office. This role would be best suited to someone who enjoys a varied workload, enjoys a more autonomous and flexible approach to work, and is keen to get involved in projects and learn about other areas of tax and finance.
This role is hybrid, with up to four days home-working, and a minimum of one day a week in the Bristol office.
Reporting into the Head of Group Tax, the Members Tax Accountant will manage our Members UK tax returns for which the role will be responsible for including undertaking both compliance work, in the shape of preparation and review of personal tax and partnership tax returns, as well as having involvement in advisory and planning work as and when required. The Members Tax Accountant will be the first point of contact for Members queries so good client handling skills are a prerequisite as is the ability to work with minimal supervision.
This role will also provide the chance to get involved in employment tax, expatriate taxation and business tax issues and will report to the Head of Group Tax.
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact email@example.com in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
- Preparing UK tax returns for Members based in the UK and overseas and liaising with overseas tax advisors
- Preparation of partnership tax returns and assisting with annual tax computations when required
- Members annual pension reconciliations
- Explain the tax consequences of joining and leaving the LLP to Members when required
- Assisting with annual tax reserving calculations and management of Members income tax payments
- Reviewing annual PSA calculations
- Assisting the Group Head of tax with ad hoc projects
- Understands DAC Beachcroft is an international firm. Works with awareness of this structure to operate as one team/brand.
- Actively operates in the best interests of the firm at all times internally and externally.
- Operates in a regulated environment, effectively managing risk and compliance issues including data security.
- Works in partnership with others to manage and mitigate commercial risk.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified or part qualified Chartered Tax Advisor (ATT or CTA qualified) is required.
- Proven experience of operating as a Personal Tax/ Private Client Tax Assistant Manager or Manager and good experience of UK compliance.
- Excellent UK personal tax knowledge including strong working knowledge of basis period changes.
- Experience of using Digita or similar tax compliance software.
- Strong excel skills.
- Able to communicate confidently both orally and in writing at all levels and to convey complex concepts in a clear, straightforward manner.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well within a team environment.
- Able to be flexible in terms of a changing environment and constantly changing workload.
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously whilst reporting to various stakeholders
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org