Legal Secretary - Ops Hub - Newport
We are looking for a Legal Secretary to join our Operations Hub, supporting our secretarial team as well as lawyers within the Claims Solutions Group. This role will be a mixture of home and office working.
This role will suit someone who has some previous secretarial experience and will be confident supporting a large team of people. The varied workload includes document collation, billing, dealing with finance queries and payment requests, some diary management and paper filing.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop a career as a Legal Secretary within a supportive team.
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
- Preparing correspondence and documents from digital dictation alongside proofreading speech recognition dictation
- Answering/making telephone calls
- Managing the case management system (as appropriate)
- Keeping case files organised and logical
- Preparing documentation bundles and use of e-bundling software (where appropriate)
- Setting up of new files/archiving of files
- Filing, photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Use of clients external systems for downloading and uploading of documents
- Checking of notification in-boxes and/or homeworker in-boxes
- Copying disks
- Use of encryption software
- Assisting with the planning and booking of travel arrangements whilst supporting on cost-saving initiatives
- Assisting lawyers with admin tasks e.g. expenses, diarising meetings etc, ensuring Lawyers are updated in relation to deadlines for work
- Regularly liaising with lawyers within the team and STL to keep them updated as to workflows
- Booking client meetings
- Assisting with ad-hoc business development and communications activities to include but not limited to producing branded presentations and team sheets in PowerPoint, mail merges in Word, spreadsheets in Excel, client contact reports, printing and collating delegate packs and possible meeting and greeting of delegates
- An understanding of financial administration e.g. understand financial cycle of bills appropriate to external client, to keep accurate financial data when using the case management system and maintain bills in a logical and organised manner (where appropriate)
- Ensuring client contact information is kept up to date and data is accurate
- Share knowledge within the team relating to any changes within external client set ups e.g. client contacts leaving/joining the client
- Advising Accounts/IT of any change of address/telephone numbers/change of name of any external client so that databases are updated
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous secretarial experience is required ideally in a legal environment
- Audio typing experience is required
- A secretarial NVQ / Diploma or equivalent would be beneficial but is not essential
- Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
- Demonstrable ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently
- An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- A focused client service approach
- Team oriented and collaborative approach with a flexible, can do attitude
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).