LLP - Solicitor/Associate (0-4 PQE) - Commercial Litigation (Leeds)
DAC Beachcroft is seeking an additional commercial disputes Solicitor/Associate (0-4PQE), to be based in Leeds and join our highly reputed Commercial Dispute Resolution team in Leeds.
We are looking for a technically strong and ambitious commercial disputes solicitor to work in a dynamic and growing team, looking to hone their skills with exposure to the very best work. Our commercial disputes lawyers have an impressive range of specialist skills, with a strong and growing list of national and international clients.
We have a broad portfolio of work, including handling heavyweight disputes for leading clients including in High Court litigation, arbitration and other proceedings arising from high value and complex contractual disputes, shareholder claims, fraud and asset recovery and public procurement matters.
- Progress and manage High Court litigation, arbitration and related proceedings across a range of commercial disputes and including in the context of public procurement disputes.
- Drafting documents, dealing with correspondence and managing the relevant procedural process; supporting in larger matters as well as managing own caseload.
- Use a strong understanding of the factual and commercial context to drive tactical thinking and decision-making from the outset of disputes.
- Assist with urgent applications for injunctive relief.
- Gain broad experience across our practice, whilst also helping to develop existing specialisms including in retail, health, procurement, technology and fraud.
- Helping to develop a reputation for leading client service, taking responsibility and being encouraged to strengthen existing relationships and develop new ones.
- Support marketing and business development activity, contributing to strategic thinking and helping to implement it.
- Build an awareness of the firm's other services and effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- 0-4 PQE commercial litigator
- Ambition to develop technical and tactical skills as part of a strong and growing team
- Public procurement experience desirable but not essential
- Ability to manage a large caseload including complex and high value disputes
- Very good client handling skills
- Strong technical skills and experience
- Willingness to report to and work with disputes lawyers in different locations and to travel as required with the role
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com