LLP - Solicitor (NQ-3 PQE) Professional Indemnity - Leeds
Are you looking for a role where you will be intellectually challenged, but treated with respect? Or an environment where you can enjoy industry-leading work quality without compromising on client contact and business development? Or a position that offers genuine flexibility to allow you to meet your personal and work commitments? An opportunity in our Professional and Commercial Risk team may be for you.
We provide expert legal advice to clients across an engaging mix of professional disciplines including Professional Indemnity, Financial Institutions, Directors and Officers, Cyber, Warranty and Indemnity and Construction. We also have a growing commercial litigation practice. Our teams work collaboratively across these disciplines and, whilst everyone will have their area of particular expertise, we encourage cross-working so colleagues have genuine variety in their work and can use their rounded expertise to provide creative, bespoke solutions for our clients.
So, why should you be excited about a career with us? Our team are empowered to develop their own client contacts and relationships from the start of their careers; you will see how your contribution directly impacts on your clients and understand how the service you provide helps them. We are very proud of our client base, who provide us with top-quality instructions. We have the backing of a truly international firm with over 2,500 colleagues across 9 countries and with international associations further bolstering our capabilities.
We aim to encourage diversity by offering the opportunity to bring your whole self to work, underpinned by our employer brand of A Life That Works. Our team are very busy and work hard, but we offer genuine flexibility to allow you to meet your personal and work commitments – and that flexibility that hasn’t disappeared post-Covid. All across our team, from our emerging talent to our senior leadership, you won’t find a closed door, real or virtual. Read on for more information about our specific vacancy and the firm as a whole.
As part of our growth and strategy, our Northern Professional and Commercial Risks team is looking to recruit an additional NQ – 3 year qualified solicitor to join the team in Leeds. The individual will play an active role in the continued growth and success of the team in collaboration with our wider practice in the North, nationally and internationally. The team acts for all the main Insurance companies and Insured professionals in the supply chain. We deal with the full spectrum of Insurance work from Policy cover, recovery and strategic advice to Insurers.
As part of the team you will have:
- The opportunity to interact on a regular basis with clients. In addition to sharing your knowledge of key issues and provide meaningful advice and support you will also have the opportunity to be involved with business development initiatives and activities.
- A mixed workload of professional negligence claims involving a wide variety of professionals.
- Responsibility for conducting both pre-action and litigated matters, providing real-time project support, as well as assisting more senior fee earners.
- A good understanding and experience of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation.
- Direct engagement with experts and counsel, directing our work with both.
The Ideal Candidate
Due to our growth and the reshaping strategy, we are open-minded about the qualification level of the candidates we see: we are most interested in what you think you can bring to the role and the team, and whether we are the right fit for you: whilst some professional indemnity experience would be useful it is by no means necessary
- Have very good relationship and client handling skills, commensurate with experience.
- Be able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
- Have a good level of self-sufficiency, and manage a caseload commensurate with experience.
- Be change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Be team oriented and collegiate, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work hard as part of a highly ambitious and driven team to help it continue to develop and to achieve its objectives.