Insurance Paralegal - London
The London Insurance Group forms part of the firm's Global Practice Group. It deals with high-value, complex claims and policy wordings disputes (frequently with an international flavour) for London Market and International insurance companies and syndicates.
The Global Group’s expertise spans virtually all insurance service lines: property, construction, engineering, energy (on and offshore), marine, product liability and recall, public liability, environmental liability, professional indemnity, financial institutions, directors' and officers' liability, cyber liability and other financial lines.
Day to day responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Attending some meetings / conferences with counsel / court hearings and note taking
- Drafting correspondence
- Assisting with the ordering and scheduling of files
- General administration tasks to include photocopying, scanning and faxing - Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Coordinating clear document management including preparing and maintaining records, assisting with the ordering and scheduling of files.
- Reviewing documents and preparing electronic and hard copy bundles of documents for counsel/experts/factual witnesses
- Attending meetings with clients/experts/factual witnesses and taking notes
- Assisting with the preparation of witness statements and expert reports
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a paralegal or legal executive is essential
- Degree 2:1 or proven experience of litigation, civil procedure and document management - Knowledge of MS Office in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of using a case management system helpful, although training will be provided
- Attention to detail and awareness of quality standards in work produced is important
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, prioritising workload and multi-tasking where necessary
- Enthusiastic and approachable with a committed and flexible attitude to work
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
This role is a fixed term contract for the initial period of 12 months.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. We are also happy to talk about flexible working. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.