Top 50 international law firm DAC Beachcroft LLP is looking to recruit two immigration solicitors to join its growing immigration practice.
Based in Bristol, the successful candidates will work closely with the Head of Immigration advising businesses and their employees on a range of immigration matters including:
- Visa applications under Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 5, UK Ancestry, Representative of an Overseas Business;
- Partner visas;
- Indefinite Leave to Remain;
- Visitor visas;
- The rights of European nationals;
- Sponsor licensing;
- Compliance; and
- Preventing illegal working.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Advising clients on a range of immigration matters;
- Preparing and submitting visa applications on behalf of clients;
- Supervising paralegals in the delivery of immigration advice;
- Engaging in internal and external business development activities;
- Developing depth of knowledge across key practice areas, in particular Tier 2, sponsor licencing, compliance and preventing illegal working;
- Exercising full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files;
- Helping build and enhance client relationships;
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans;
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements; and
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- NQ-1PQE specialising in immigration with a strong focus on business immigration;
- Minimum 2:1 law degree;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage own caseload;
- Impeccable communication skills; and
- Experience of business development.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.