Credit Controller - Dublin
DACBeachcroft has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Credit Controller to join our Finance team on a full-time, permanent, hybrid basis in our office in Dublin.
Our finance team provides support to the firm in management accounting, billing, credit control, purchase and payments management and budgeting as well as providing financial compliance input to support the firm's strategic decision-making processes. The finance team plays a vital role in managing risk and financial performance for the firm.
The Credit Control team structure is as follows: Credit Control Manager, Assistant Credit Control Manager, 13 Credit Controllers and one Administrator.
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
- High volume external and internal phone calls & emails chasing the firm's debt.
- Regular contact with Partners, Clients and fee-earners regarding their debt.
- Dealing with queries in-line with the ISO27001 requirements (both internal and external).
- Use 3E software to manage your ledger - logging notes, queries and diary entries.
- Frequent liaison with other teams within the Finance department.
- Monthly and ad-hoc meetings with management to discuss progress and problematic issues.
- Occasional travel to other offices and minimal client visits.
- Follow the firms' collection procedure.
- Understand & manage the clients and Partners requirements.
- Seek collections which ensure cash collection targets are met.
- Confident in own ability and able to look for a resolution prior to escalating.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
- Collating missing data relevant to the payment of our bills – including cleansing existing data
- Liaising with accounts to provide and receive information to ensure data accuracy
- Take responsibility for monthly management information, provided both internally and externally
- Regular contact with the Sales Ledger Department to ensure allocations are found promptly and accurately
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes;
- Extensive credit control experience.
- Insurance knowledge/collections experience would be advantageous
- Previous Legal or Professional Services experience.
- Experience of 3E / or similar legal accounting systems would be an advantage but not essential.
- A tenacious personality able to handle sometimes difficult phone calls and meetings.
- Lateral thinker with the ability to generate creative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage high work-loads.
- A team player but able to use own initiative.
- IT literate with ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Flexible with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good level of spelling and grammar.
- Proven track record in reducing debtor days in a busy, sometimes pressured environment
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com