Bids and Business Development Executive
The Bids and Business Development (BD) Executive is responsible for supporting the Senior Bids and BD Manager and the Head of Business Development in managing bids and BD activity. They will support on larger bids and take sole responsibility for delivering smaller bids/standard questionnaires/proactive capability documents. They will also play a key role in the continuous improvement of our bids and BD processes.
The role will be based in Birmingham or Bristol but location can be flexible for the right candidate.
- Support the Senior Bids Manager on major bids, forming part of the bid project team and carrying out tasks allocated to them.
- Prepare and run smaller bids with key Claims Solutions Group stakeholders.
- Take full responsibility for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Due Diligence Questionnaires, engaging with Business Services as appropriate.
- Take full responsibility for producing proactive capability documents.
- Work with the marketing team and wider bids team to ensure that standard information about Claims Solutions Group is up-to-date, approved and appropriate for use in bids.
- Work with the marketing team and the wider bids team to ensure we develop and maintain an up-to-date evidence library of experience, CVs, metrics, directory quotes and client testimonials.
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate record of incoming bids and current bids and BD opportunities. This will include preparing detailed reports on a monthly basis for the Executive Board.
- Update and maintain the Claims Solutions Group business development collateral.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of client specific internal workshops and bid preparation workshops.
- Support with the Claims Solutions Group Networks, including administration tasks and creating action plans for key Networks.
- Support the Senior Bids and BD Manager in complying with internal risk management procedures and conflict checking processes.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have experience of preparing effective bid documents, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Due Diligence Questionnaires.
- Have a knowledge of general design principles, including layout, format, creation and manipulation of graphics and colour usage.
- Understand project management techniques and be experienced in creating and managing project plans.
- Have strong English language, writing, proofreading and editing skills and the ability to adapt style to different audiences and channels.
- Have an excellent focus on attention to detail.
- Have experience of managing multiple tasks and concurrent deadlines.
- Have a thirst for technical knowledge and application of knowledge to generate ideas.
- Have good communication skills together with the ability to take notes of meetings for circulation
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org