Bids Coordinator - Bristol
DACBeachcroft has an exciting opportunity for someone organised and driven to join our Bids team as a Bids Coordinator. This role would suit a junior level candidate and is full-time, permanent and follows a hybrid working model based out of our centrally located Bristol office.
The main purpose of the role is to support our Bids Team to win new profitable business for the firm. Key responsibilities of the role include the management of the Bids opportunities/portal management inbox and the upkeep and updating of Bids related PQQ collateral, bids development projects such as review of lawyer profiles, general boilerplate, experience collation, and update of legal compliance.
An additional element of the role has been to support Bids Managers on initial stage tender production for basic PQQs as well as very simple tenders (e.g. NWLC framework pricing quotes).
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact email@example.com in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
- Support the Bids Team with various administration duties including monitoring and assessing opportunities from our central mailbox, sending email updates on new bids to our Bids Managers, accessing a range of client tender portals to download key documentation and messaging on tenders.
- Work with the wider Clients and Markets team to maintain a content library to include up-to-date evidence of approved experience and capability, maintain lawyers CVs, maintain FAQ boilerplate content, reporting metrics, directory quotes and client testimonials.
- Work with individual Bids Managers on any new major opportunities by providing standard firmwide questions for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and formatting proposals into the DACB Bids template. (Full training on this will be given to the successful candidate.)
- Work with our Head of Bids and other senior management to drive new continuous improvement projects forward for the team. This will include, but not be limited to, updating and rewriting experience for our Experience Database and formatting proposal documents into the DACB bids template. The role will also involve supporting on other new initiatives and projects as the team moves forward.
- Quality checking bids records in our CRM system, to ensure internal compliance and helping with our benchmarking and analysis of our bids team performance overall. This will include assisting in the preparation of detailed reports on a monthly basis for the Executive Board.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be highly organised, with the ability to manage a range of different projects at a given time.
- Have strong English language, writing, proofreading and editing skills and the ability to adapt style to different audiences and channels. (Additional training can be provided on drafting compelling sales content.)
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to both work as a part of a team and also work autonomously.
- Have strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Ideally demonstrate a track record of undertaking similar coordinator and administration duties.
- Have an appetite to deepen their understanding of the Bids Industry and the wider professional services environment. (Full training and development will be provided).
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org