This Team Manager role will lead the Triage team across Commercial & Household Recoveries (C&HR) in both Birmingham and Bristol. The role requires the holder to work in both locations and will require travel with differing amounts of time spent in each location depending on volumes and resource.
The Triage team are the first point of contact for new recoveries. The team evaluates the commercial and legal prospects of making a recovery and directs the work to the correct team and appropriate level of handler.
Effective management of the team would be demonstrated by decreased WIP write offs, lower error rates in client code variations. Quick and accurate client responses are important; initial contact needs to be dealt with pursuant to agreed SLAs
The Triage team acts as the ‘meet and greet’ function within C&HR, directing the majority of enquiries to the correct person, or escalating the more difficult questions to suitable responders.
The Team Manager will also maintain their own caseload, though it is envisaged that a significant quantity of the their personal target will be met in the triage function.
- Direct line management of the Triage team, including responsibility for:
- Undertaking annual and interim performance review discussions, to review overall performance, progress against objectives, behavioural compliance, development and career progression opportunities
- Absence management, including conducting return to work interviews
- Cascading and communicating information and supporting the Team Partners with the running of DRIVE and CONNECT meetings
- Induction of new team members and ensuring that the team's induction processes and documents are regularly reviewed and updated to remain up to date
- Motivating and engaging the team, as well as overseeing the well-being of the workforce
- Identifying and recognising positive performance and behaviours
- To be directly responsible for driving and improving financial performance of the Triage team
- Specific accountability for driving performance in the following areas:
- Ensuring internal and external SLAs and KPIs are communicated, met or exceeded and the work of the team is of the highest standard to exceed client expectations
- Collective team achievement of agreed financial targets
- Creation of MI (in a timely and accurate fashion) to give meaningful data to clients as to their recovery books. Also internally producing MI to demonstrate current and improved effectiveness
- Liaising and supporting Client Partners on individual trends relating to specific clients
- ‘On boarding’ of new clients, managing the efficient creation of new work streams and directing that work to suitable resource.
- Ensuring any performance or conduct issues in respect of individual fee earners are proactively identified and addressed by the Supervisor, with support from the Team Partner, Operations Manager and HR as appropriate
- Ensuring any escalated risk or compliance issues within a case are addressed, managed and escalated to the relevant Client Relationship Partner, Team Partner/ Associate, Head of Product, Head of Services, Operations Manager and Practice Governance & Risk
- Effective allocation of work amongst the team to meet the skills and technical knowledge of the individuals in the team, whilst ensuring work is carried out profitably for the business and client
- Responsibility for all recruitment activities within the team, apart from authorisation, working alongside the Recruitment Team and Operations Manager and supported by the Supervisor
- Responsibility for liaising with the Team Partner and Operations Manager in relation to capacity planning
- Responsibility for encouraging innovative ideas and ensuring that a culture of continuous improvement develops
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous team management and / or supervision experience
- A high level of personal compliance with DAC Beachcroft Group protocols and procedures
- A high level of personal compliance with client SLAs, protocols and KPIs
- Evidence of achievement of personal financial performance
- A sound understanding of commercial management and financial delivery
- Keen eye for detail to ensure data produced by the team is accurate and can be used to identify trends
- Evidence of strong people management skills including the ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members at all levels
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to communicate confidently orally and in writing at all levels
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.