Team Manager - Credit Hire
Our credit hire team works with over 40 insurance companies and self-insured corporates. The team deals with all aspects of defendant credit hire dispute resolution, providing an end to end solution. The team also provides pre-emptive advice on these issues whilst also assisting clients formulate their own strategies.
The team deals with credit hire claims from small track to multi track including fraudulent credit hire claims. Our team will also deal with liability, indemnity and associated losses including personal injury, credit repair and diminution.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling the claims themselves from a litigation perspective, but also for tracking and analysing behaviours and trends with a view to providing insurers with bespoke strategies and changing market behaviours.
Please note that the Team Manager vacancy is a 12 month fixed term contract maternity cover.
- Direct line management of any Supervisor who reports directly into them, including responsibility for:
- Undertaking annual and interim appraisal discussions of the Supervisor
- Absence management of the Supervisor
- Cascading and communicating information
- Induction of new Supervisors and ensuring that the team's induction processes and documents are regularly reviewed and updated
- Motivating and engaging the team, as well as overseeing the well-being of the workforce
- To be directly responsible for driving and improving financial performance of the Supervisors and their teams through effective management and support of Supervisors
- Specific accountability for driving performance in the following areas:
- Ensuring internal and external SLAs and KPIs are communicated, met or exceeded and the work of the team is of the highest standard
- Collective team achievement of agreed financial targets
- Ensuring that Supervisors and their teams deliver prompt, accurate and appropriate billing
- Ensuring that Supervisors and their teams’ overall provision of MI is timely and accurate
- Ensuring that Supervisors are effectively managing, coaching and technically supervising fee earners
- Ensuring any performance or conduct issues in respect of individual fee earners are proactively identified and addressed by the Supervisor, with support from the Team Partner, Operations Manager and HR as appropriate
- Liaising closely with Operations Managers on any issues arising and the day to day management of billing / debt / WIP / Unbilled disbursements / credit balances
- Ensuring any escalated risk or compliance issues that are raised by Supervisors within a case are addressed, managed and escalated appropriately
- Effective allocation of work amongst the team to meet the skills and technical knowledge of the individuals in the team, whilst ensuring work is carried out profitably for the business and client
- Responsibility for all recruitment activities within the team, apart from authorisation, working alongside the Recruitment Team and Operations Manager and supported by the Supervisor
- Implementing the supervisory process for both Supervisors and their fee earners, in line with the strategy agreed with the Team Partner and Operations Manager
- Responsibility for liaising with the Team Partner and Operations Manager in relation to capacity planning
- Overall accountability for ensuring the Supervisors carry out their roles effectively
- Responsibility for encouraging innovative ideas and ensuring that a culture of continuous improvement develops
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with our clients by ensuring the team deliver a high standard of service and respond promptly to requests for information
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous team management and / or supervision experience
- A high level of personal compliance with DAC Beachcroft Group protocols and procedures
- A high level of personal compliance with client SLAs, protocols and KPIs
- Evidence of achievement of personal financial performance
- A sound understanding of commercial management and financial deliver
- Keen eye for detail to ensure data produced by the team is accurate and can be used to identify trend
- Evidence of strong people management skills including the ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members at all levels
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to communicate confidently orally and in writing at all levels
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.