Supervisor - Motor Credit Hire
Our credit hire team works with over 40 insurance companies and self-insured corporates. The team deals with all aspects of defendant credit hire dispute resolution, providing an end to end solution. The team also provides pre-emptive advice on these issues whilst also assisting clients formulate their own strategies.
The team deals with credit hire claims from small track to multi track including fraudulent credit hire claims. Our team will also deal with liability, indemnity and associated losses including personal injury, credit repair and diminution.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling the claims themselves from a litigation perspective, but also for tracking and analysing behaviours and trends with a view to providing insurers with bespoke strategies and changing market behaviours.
Why join our credit hire team?
Given the size of the team and number of clients we work with there is a real opportunity for growth and development. Progression can either be by technical development, building client relationships and/or progression to supervisor or managerial role.
We also actively encourage and support professional funding for further qualification such as Cilex or to qualify as a solicitor.
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume litigated credit hire cases.
- Be responsible for a varied caseload of litigated work with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
- To record timely and accurate management information.
- To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience).
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience. Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
- You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
Through effective supervision and support of fee earners, to be accountable for the following:
- Ensuring files are run pro-actively and effectively to conclusion by the relevant fee earner, with appropriate deadlines met
- Ensuring that fee earners carry out work effectively to meet the needs of the clients and the commercial requirements of the firm
- Ensuring any emerging risk or compliance issues that are raised by fee earners within a case are addressed and managed in conjunction with the Team Partner in the first instance
- Effective allocation of work amongst the team to meet the skills and technical knowledge of the individual whilst ensuring work is carried out profitably for the firm and client
- Working with the Performance Manager to ensure fee earners reach their financial target
- Working with the Performance Manager to ensure any technical related performance issues in respect of individual fee earners are identified and addressed
- Direct responsibility for the swift and effective resolution of customer complaints, maintaining consistency and ensuring that relevant learning points are highlighted to the Operations Manager and Team Partner
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous supervision experience, ideally in a Credit Hire motor environment however other supervision experience will be considered.
- Have demonstrable experience of handling a caseload which includes; credit hire, personal injury or similar case types.
- A high level of personal compliance with client SLAs, protocols and KPIs
- Good people management skills including the ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members at all levels
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – A strong ability to organise their own time, identify priority tasks and know when to ask for help.
- A strong understanding of key cases, rules and principles regarding; credit hire, personal injury or similar litigation.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify what is not right/out of the ordinary.
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also know when is it worth pursuing it.
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.