Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive - Motor Injury
Our large Newport team, whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product liability and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
DAC Beachcroft LLP is the biggest defendant insurance litigation firm. DAC Beachcroft LLP has been involved in some of the leading cases that have been reported so the work is often high profile.
To provide assistance to lawyers in running injury files of a high value and importance to our clients.
- Complying with internal and external service level agreements.
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Ensuring appropriate key dates reminders are in place on all matters.
- Ensuring that a timetable exists to enable the progression of the case to resolution.
- Prompting the principal lawyers to action matters diarised.
- Maintaining internal and external case management documents.
- Recording timely and accurate management information.
- Maintaining an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Developing technical knowledge through completing online courses, attending training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
- Acting as a point of contact for clients.
- Handling routine correspondence and communications with the client, third parties and claimants’ solicitors in order to book and arrange conferences and examinations
- Assuming responsibility for agreed tasks on a claim including, but not restricted to:
- assisting with investigations
- instructing experts,
- handling disclosure
- obtaining and reviewing medical records
- obtaining details of suitable experts and their waiting lists
- preparing bundles for experts and counsel
- registering and updating CRU
- Meeting individual financial targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Reporting to the principal lawyer and team partner, the ideal candidate will have:
- A keen interest in working on complex and catastrophic injury claims.
- At least 2 years’ experience of dealing with litigated bodily injury claims
- Good commercial awareness with an ability to provide commercially rounded advice to clients and view matters from a business perspective.
- A flexible attitude with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses.
- The ability to work as a team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, both internally and with the clients.
- Whilst previous experience of dealing with complex and catastrophic injury files would be helpful, it is not essential - we are looking for the right person and will provide training.
- Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would also be an advantage.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com