Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive - Complex Injury - London
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, including complex and catastrophic injury. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
The complex injury team in London (which is part of the Claims Solution Group) works on behalf of insurance companies and corporates, investigating and resolving high value personal injury compensation claims. You will be working in a team of 15+ fee earners with plans for further expansion.
We are currently working in a very flexible manner. The role will require the candidate to be in our London office for at least 1 day per week. Candidates from other locations in the UK, who are willing to travel, are encouraged to apply.
- Effectively running the file to ensure deadlines are met and cases managed proactively to conclusion
- to assist more senior fee earners on more complex and higher value cases and Partners on multi million-pound claims
- Ensure work is carried out effectively to meet the needs of the clients, the commercial requirements of the firm and the quality standards to include:
- Adherence to internal and client SLAs, KPIs and protocols
- Achievement of agreed financial targets
- Prompt billing and collection of WIP and disbursements
- Prompt and accurate provision of MI
- Devising a clear case strategy which is adhered to, ensuring cases are run smoothly and balance the commercial interests of both the Firm and the client
- Applying appropriate and current technical expertise and case law
- Effectively managing risk and compliance issues within each case, ensuring any emerging problems are escalated promptly to their Supervisor in the first instance
- Engaging with clients where appropriate to maximise opportunities to meet and build rapport with clients, at all times acting as an ambassador of the firm
- Contribute to Business Development and client relationship activity in support of the Client Relationship Partner where required
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous Experience of working or assisting on Cat PI claims
- A high level of personal compliance with firm protocols and procedures
- Good legal knowledge relevant to their area of expertise
- Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues. High standard of written and oral communication skills
- Confident negotiator
- Able to produce work to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail and concern for quality of service
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com