Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive - Commercial and Household Recoveries
Our specialist Commercial and Household Recoveries team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
- Public Liability / Property Damage claims
- Property subsidence
- Property recovery
- Fraud recovery
The Commercial and Household Recoveries Team is expanding within:
- Subsidence mitigation (involving bringing legal proceedings where necessary to mitigate damage to property caused by third party trees, failed foundations, failed underpinning, escape of water etc)
- General property recoveries (fire, escape of water, impact of vehicles into property etc) with a focus on subrogated recoveries.
The team now seeks an experienced Solicitor or Legal Executive to work on household and commercial property recovery claims. All work is Claimant within the fast/multi track and most is funded on a CCFA basis.
The candidate will have the opportunity to become involved in marketing and client facing activities in order to build the business and his or her career. This is an expanding business with good opportunities for rapid career progression
The role is to work within the Commercial & Household Team. The candidate would initially be focused purely on subrogated property recovery claims but may also be required to undertake other claims within Claims Solutions – Property Team.
The candidate will have a good background in litigation, running fast and multi-track claims to trial.
The candidate will also have to:
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate should:
- Be a Legal Executive/NQ Solicitor with strong litigation experience
- Exhibit excellence in analysing cases in detail;
- Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives;
- Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Be team orientated, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team;
- Display an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to claims settlement.
The candidate must have litigation experience in tort and/or contract claims.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.