Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive - Casualty Fraud - Flexible
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Solicitor to join our Claims Solutions Casualty Fraud team Birmingham or Newcastle. This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic lawyers who are looking to build an exciting career.
The work includes:-
- Defending and investigating exaggerated claims, fabricated claims, fabricated Accident circumstances, substituted Injury, staged accidents and organised fraud.
- Speaking with clients and interviewing witnesses.
- Analysing evidence and asking questions of experts.
- Instructing our intelligence team to conduct investigation.
- Considering sanctions to include recovery of costs, injunctions, committal proceedings and police referrals.
Our work has resulted in a number of outstanding successes for our clients including findings of fundamental dishonesty in civil courts, committals to prison for contempt of court, police referrals and remedies for recovery of costs. The success of the team is due to innovative legal strategies, the use of sophisticated data analysis, our people and their expertise.
- Working on casualty fraud matters, your case load will be primarily public liability and employers liability insurance claims.
- Handling a varied caseload of litigated work, covering the above types of claim, with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Exercise full compliance with client's SLAs, as well as DAC Beachcroft's internal protocols.
- Demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training.
- Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Solicitors Regulatory Authority CPD requirements, where necessary.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Chartered Legal Executive/Solicitor with a demonstrable interest or previous experience in the practice area.
- Experienced lawyer with a strong litigation background, preferably gained within a personal injury environment. Knowledge and experience within EL/PL is essential. Expertise in fraud is beneficial, but not essential, as the successful candidate will be fully trained in dealing with fraudulent insurance claims.
- Confident negotiator and communicator.
- Excellent litigator with first class investigation / analytical skills who will also be looking to acquire regulatory experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com