Solicitor/Associate - Corporate
Our national corporate finance team advises on mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, stock market listings and securities offerings, company restructurings and refinancings, management buy-outs and buy-ins, corporate governance and a wide range of other corporate and commercial matters. The national team advises from three locations, London, Bristol and Manchester.
The Manchester based corporate team is the cornerstone of a very successful corporate and commercial cluster comprising of 40+ lawyers. The Manchester team is led by an experienced partner who is one of ten partners in the cluster. The cluster has established a vibrant and inclusive business development culture which encourages and rewards team contribution.
The team is looking to recruit an additional solicitor to help support the Corporate and Commercial team to its plans for further, profitable growth. Specific responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Working as part of a team on a wide range of:
- corporate transactions, supporting partners and associates on the full range of transactional work streams. The successful candidate will have wide opportunities to work directly with clients and their other advisers (e.g. financial and tax);
- commercial contracts, and IT and IP issues in relation to the technology and other commercial sectors. Workload will include general commercial agreements, software development and licensing, intellectual property matters, telecoms contracts, compliance and general regulatory work, product and services supply agreements, data protection, IT and business process outsourcing, and public sector and public/private partnership IT projects.
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events and client socials).
- The successful candidate will be Manchester based, but some travel (particularly to Leeds and London), will be required on an infrequent basis.
- Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- A Solicitor/Associate with between 2-5 year's PQE, with strong academic credentials.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of dealing with corporate clients.
- Able to demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.