Solicitor/Associate - Commercial Litigation
DAC Beachcroft is seeking an additional commercial disputes Solicitor/Associate (circa 2-6PQE), to be based in Leeds or Newcastle, to join our highly reputed Commercial Dispute Resolution team across the North of England.
We are looking for a technically strong and ambitious commercial disputes solicitor to work in a dynamic and growing team, looking to hone their skills with exposure to the very best work. Our commercial disputes lawyers have an impressive range of specialist skills, with a strong and growing list of national and international clients.
We have a broad portfolio of work, including handling heavyweight disputes for leading clients including in High Court litigation, arbitration and other proceedings arising from high value and complex contractual disputes, shareholder claims, fraud and asset recovery and public procurement matters.
- Progress and manage High Court litigation, arbitration and related proceedings.
- Drafting documents, dealing with correspondence and managing the relevant procedural process; supporting in larger matters as well as managing own caseload.
- Use a strong understanding of the factual and commercial context to drive tactical thinking and decision-making from the outset of disputes.
- Assist with urgent applications for injunctive relief.
- Gain broad experience across our practice, whilst also helping to develop existing specialisms including in retail, health, procurement, technology and fraud.
- Helping to develop a reputation for leading client service, taking responsibility and being encouraged to strengthen existing relationships and develop new ones.
- Support marketing and business development activity, contributing to strategic thinking and helping to implement it.
- Build an awareness of the firm's other services and effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2 – 6 years PQE commercial litigator
- Ambition to develop technical and tactical skills as part of a strong and growing team
- Public procurement experience desirable but not essential
- Ability to manage a large caseload including complex and high value disputes
- Very good client handling skills
- Strong technical skills and experience
- Willingness to report to and work with disputes lawyers in different locations (Newcastle and Leeds) and to travel as required with the role
About the Company
With over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from every sector of the community and are happy to talk flexible working. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com