DAC Beachcroft’s Belfast office extends the reach of the firm into the Northern Irish jurisdiction, offering seamless cross-border services for our clients in the UK. We offer clients deep local market knowledge backed by full national and international support from across the firm.
Following a successful first year, the Belfast team are looking to strengthen their capability around insurance referred litigation, including RTA, EL and PL and Motor PI, as well as abuse claims. Ideal candidates will have experience in the area of Casualty EL/PL, Motor or abuse related work.
You will be working in a team dedicated to the defence of motor or casualty claims, with responsibility for:
- Handling a varied caseload of litigated claims
- Providing a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients, in strict adherence to the Service Level agreements.
- Effectively running the file to ensure deadlines are met and cases managed proactively to conclusion
- Managing all financial aspects of your caseload, including billing, WIP and debt management and accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information.
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Engaging with clients where appropriate to maximise opportunities to meet and build rapport with clients, at all times acting as an ambassador of the firm
- Contributing to Business Development and client relationship activity in support of the Client Relationship Partner where required
- Ongoing personal development, including maintaining and growing technical expertise through involvement in the Claims Solutions Group Academy and through reading appropriate publications.
The Ideal Candidate
- An enthusiastic solicitor with a proactive approach towards claims investigation and resolution.
- You should have knowledge and demonstrable experience of defending Northern Irish Casualty, Motor or abuse claims
- Experience of working within a pressurised and deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues
- A high level of personal compliance with firm protocols and procedures
- Good legal knowledge relevant to your area of expertise
- Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues. High standard of written and oral communication skills
- Confident negotiator
- Able to produce work to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail and concern for quality of service
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org