Solicitor - Property Recoveries (DA) - Glasgow
Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.
Due to continued growth, DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a solicitor (ideally 0-2 PQE) for a commercial litigation role. This is an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor or a Trainee Solicitor nearing the end of their training contract to undertake a varied caseload of both Pursuer and Defender work in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session (ordinary and commercial court). The role would also involve dealing with arbitrations and mediations. The majority of the team are based in the Glasgow area however being Glasgow based is not a requirement.
The role sits within our specialist property damage team in Glasgow, which comprises a Partner, six Solicitors, nine Paralegals and nine Trainee Solicitors. There are regular social and responsible business events organised for all lawyers at DAC Beachcroft to attend, not to mention the opportunity to get involved in our inclusion and diversity networks.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you will do
- Manage a personal and team caseload under supervision
- Act as a point of contact for clients in relation to Scottish claims, demonstrating an in-depth level of knowledge and skill
- Assist the Partner with supervising paralegals and trainee solicitors
- Assist the Partner with the management of client accounts and business development opportunities
Who you are
The role is ideal for someone who:
- Enjoys solving a variety of different and interesting problems on a wide range of cases.
- Is interested in working with people in order to come to commercial and practical solutions.
- Likes working in a really sociable, flexible, supportive and diverse team who share knowledge with each other.
- Wants to get more exposure to supervision, client account management and business development.
- A qualified Solicitor ideally between 0-2 years PQE (trainee solicitors nearing the end of their training contract will also be considered)
- Be highly organised and a confident negotiator and communicator with an outstanding eye for detail
- Have expertise in commercial litigation generally, with demonstrable experience in managing a varied caseload in the Scottish courts
- Have excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- Be proactive with a tenacious approach to identifying issues and solving problems
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
About DAC Beachcroft
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
What you need to know about applying
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com