Solicitor / Paralegal – Corporate Insurance & Risk (CIR) - Nationwide
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Solicitor / Paralegal to join our Corporate Insurance and Risk (CIR) team. The role is to assist two CIR partners.
We are looking for candidates nationwide on a full-time basis.
DAC Beachcroft Claims Solutions Group operates from 12 UK locations across England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland, employing over 1,000 people.
Corporate Insurance & Risk (‘CIR’) is a division of the Claims Solutions Group with a focus on advising Corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you will do
- Working within the Corporate Insurance & Risk team, you will assist on a mixture of Motor, EL and PL claims, for corporate clients. Significant experience of dealing with similar claims is essential and we will be looking for a candidate to work on a broad profile of cases, who has the ability to build strong, trusting relationships with clients.
- Provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to corporate clients in the management of cases.
- Act as a trusted advisor for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Create value to clients, by identifying opportunities and delivering creative, bespoke legal solutions to support the challenges they face.
- Help to design, build and support the CIR proposition and future offering to clients.
- Support marketing and business development activity within CIR (e.g. attending marketing events, delivering client training, clinics, meetings and entertainment activities).
- Build an awareness of DAC Beachcroft's other services.
- Build effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the Firm's strategies and plans.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
- Record timely and accurate management information.
- Meet individual performance measures.
Assistance tasks will include:
- Assisting with liability investigations including obtaining documents/CCTV footage and statements from clients; obtaining police accident reports and records; tracking down and interviewing witnesses.
- Preparing instructions to counsel for hearings, advice, conferences, and arranging conferences with counsel.
- Preparing for CCMCs to include Cost Budget management and compliance.
- Liaising with rehab providers, arranging prompt payment of invoices, assisting with arranging treatment/scans etc where appropriate and reporting on progress.
- Liaising with medical experts to arrange medical examinations, secure Claimant attendance, prepare instructions, make sure experts have access to all records, chasing reports.
- Dealing with Claimant disclosure, in particular medical/treatment/rehab records, chasing Claimants and record holders, cataloguing, reviewing, preparing summaries, identifying missing records.
- Ensuring compliance with court deadlines.
Who you are
We understand the value of diverse teams and we are therefore very open minded about the background and qualification of our new team members. Generalist litigation experience is a ‘must’ for the role, with a minimum level of 5 years’ experience required, as well as a thorough understanding of EL/PL claims. However, we are happy to welcome Solicitors, CILEx, Barristers and generalist experienced Paralegals if your experience is right for the role.
A successful candidate must have:
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, as well as able to take ownership and accountability for building and maintaining relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence and build strong and long lasting relationships.
- Experience in dealing with Corporate clients, including representing the business at in-person meetings and entertaining clients where necessary.
- Commercial skills – The ability to recognise and the drive to develop a legitimate commercial opportunity, with support.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify key legal arguments and apply the same.
- IT skills - A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time, recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help.
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Knowledge of using LinkedIn – To effectively market the CIR brand and offering.
About DAC Beachcroft
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 141 practice area rankings across Chambers UK 2023 and The Legal 500 2023 and over 230 individual lawyers ranked in the two guides.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. Our most recent accolades include being named the top winner at the 2022 Legal Innovation Awards with two awards, bringing home two National Insurance Awards in 2023 for ‘Insurance Law’ and ‘Innovative Product’, winning ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Public’ at both the 2021 and 2022 HealthInvestor Awards and ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Private’ at the 2021 awards, and being named ‘Arbitration Team of the Year’ at the 2022 British Legal Awards. Regionally in the UK, we were named ‘Law Firm of the Year – Large’ in the 2022 Yorkshire Legal Awards and ‘Innovators of the Year’ at the 2022 Bristol Law Society Awards.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
What you need to know about applying
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org