Solicitor - Motor Injury
From our offices in Glasgow and Edinburgh the team extends the reach of DAC Beachcroft into the Scottish jurisdiction, offering seamless cross-border services for our clients in the UK. We offer clients deep local market knowledge in Scotland backed by full national and international support from across the firm.
An opportunity has arisen for a Solicitor to join our busy insurance litigation department in Glasgow. Reporting to the team supervisor, you will act as a point of contact for clients in relation to Scottish claims arising from road traffic accidents.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Handle a varied high volume caseload of principally litigated work with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Draft documents and letters ensuring they are adapted to each client and their needs.
- Correspond with clients and other solicitors and liaise with Counsel and experts where appropriate.
- Analyse evidence and set case strategies encompassing both technical and commercial considerations
- Interview witnesses and prepare witness statements.
- Complete research tasks and analyse documents to provide advice to other team members or direct to clients.
- Attend Court when required, to include conducting Proofs and procedural hearings.
- Achieve, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of financial performance
The Ideal Candidate
We welcome applications from enthusiastic individuals with a demonstrable interest in personal injury, claims resolution and litigation.
- A defendant background/experience is preferable.
- The technical ability to appropriately advise insurer clients as to all issues
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proven track record of working in a target driven commercial environment is essential.
- Excellent commercial awareness .
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses.
- Team player with a collegial approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particularly in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org