Solicitor - Health Care & Public Law
The Health Care and Public law team at DAC Beachcroft are leading advisers in the health and social care sector. We are regularly instructed in ground breaking and high profile cases for both public and independent sector clients.
The team provides strategic advice to clients on a wide range of issues including; regulatory issues, healthcare law, information governance, inquests, CQC inspections, registration and enforcement, judicial reviews, public inquiries, serious incidents, domestic homicide inquiries, criminal investigations, mental health, patient care issues, Human Rights Act issues, and clinical and corporate governance.
We are looking for an experienced lawyer, with knowledge of the health and social care sector, to become a trusted advisor on regulatory and public law matters within the team, in particular CQC. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join a successful and expanding team, in a leading law firm, in the continually developing health and social care sector.
- Advise independent and public sector clients on CQC registrations, inspections and enforcement matters, and supervise junior members of the team to do the same
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Have a key role in marketing and business development, including ongoing contribution to business development opportunities and ideas
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year
- Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
- An experienced lawyer with a good working knowledge of Health and Social care law
- Previous experience in advising on CQC matters
- Experience in providing supervision and leadership
- Highly motivated individual to fit into a responsive team providing excellence in service to our health and social care clients
Experience of some or all of the following:
- CQC registration, inspection and enforcement
- Social Care experience
- Public Law
- Strong client relationship skills and potential for further development
- Highly motivated individual to fit into a responsive team providing excellence in service to our health and social care clients.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org