Solicitor - Employment (Locum)
You will be part of an established and growing local team providing services across a broad and expanding range of specialisms. We offer a local service to our clients, whether based in Ireland or internationally. We form part of the Global group of DAC Beachcroft.
To find out more about our recent growth, please follow the link to our press release - https://www.dacbeachcroft.com/en/gb/news/2019/june/dac-beachcroft-celebrates-ten-years-in-dublin/
Salary and Benefits
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
We have a fixed term vacancy in our Dublin employment team. In this position you will be advising clients on a wide variety of employment law issues, including disciplinary and grievance issues, contracts and policies, strategic management issues, industrial relations, reorganisations and transfers of employment. You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills and technical knowledge, through:
- Supporting the effective running of the employment practice
- Progressing a wide variety of client matters, both contentious and non-contentious
- Playing a vital role in the development and promotion of DAC Beachcroft Dublin through business development, networking and profile raising activities, including contributing to marketing, training and knowledge sharing within the team and throughout the firm
- Developing technical knowledge
- Contributing to non chargeable activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, training.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland with significant experience in employment law
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial approach to legal issues and to be client focused
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels
- An enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach and self-sufficiency appropriate to level.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.