Solicitor - Corporate Finance
Our Corporate Finance group advises on mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, stock market listings and securities offerings, management buy-outs and buy-ins, corporate governance, debt and equity financings and a wide range of other corporate, finance and tax matters. The group advises from three locations, London, Bristol and Manchester.
The London Corporate team, which is part of our Corporate Finance group and where the vacancy lies, is led by five partners and a senior consultant and also includes eight other lawyers. It is top rated by the Legal500 for M&A with a value up to £50m and is friendly and close-knit. Its assistants work on a variety of transactions, especially mid-market M&A and AIM deals, and enjoy a lot of direct contact with clients. There is an emphasis on quality and on being easy to engage with, and development and training of junior lawyers is part of the team's culture. The team benefits from support from the firm's tax, banking / finance, merger control, employment, pensions, IP and IT, real estate, regulatory and other experts. A lot of the team's work is for technology groups, financial services organisations and real estate businesses, acting for clients ranging from technology start-ups through AIM-listed groups to multinationals.
Specific responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Assist the partners on a varied corporate workload, applying not only legal expertise but appropriate commercial acumen. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client seminars
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge, including through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
- Build an awareness of the firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks
The Ideal Candidate
- Solicitor with previous experience or a demonstrable interest in Corporate work
- Strong academic background
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues
- Good people skills, and an enjoyment of team working
- Eager to learn and develop, with drive and ambition
- Change-oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.