Solicitor - Commercial and Household Recoveries
DAC Beachcroft's Claims Solutions Group Property team provides solutions to the Insurance Property Recovery Sectors. Our specialist property and recovery team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
- Public Liability / Property Damage claims
- Property subsidence
- Property recovery
- Fraud recovery
- Credit hire recovery
- Motor recovery
The Commercial and Household Recoveries team is looking to add a 0-2 years PQE Solicitor.
The role is to work within the Commercial & Household Recoveries team. This is predominantly a claimant based role.
Depending on workloads in the team the candidate will be asked to undertake:
- General recoveries tasks consisting of predominantly investigatory work on all fast and multi-track files.
- Investigating liability on a variety of general recoveries claims, ranging from escapes of water, flooding, impact and fire damage etc.
- Handling their own case load, including negotiating quantum and settlement of damages with third parties
- Obtaining witness statements; contacting relevant parties to obtain salient documents; drafting letters of claim, issuing proceedings, disclosure, instructing Counsel/experts, progressing a file through to Trial.
The candidate will:
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft LLP protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be a Solicitor or CILEX and have litigation experience (0-2 year PQE).
- Be interested in and preferably have a basic understanding of general contract and tort;
- Be interested in and willing to learn insurance property damage law;
- Be interested in and willing to learn the technical aspects of construction and property investigation as required for the role
- Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
- Willingness to follow a process driven system, working within set parameters.
- Be team orientated, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to claims settlement.