Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive - Subsidence - Birmingham
A new opportunity has arisen within the Claims Solution Group within our International Law Firm DAC Beachcroft. We are looking for the next Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to join our Insurance Property Team, specifically within our Subsidence product. We are a market leading insurance firm which offers bespoke solutions to our clients (Insurance Companies and their customers and local authorities) following a claim. We are looking for a someone with litigation experience who can drive matters to an early conclusion. The Subsidence team handles a mix of claims from tree root damage, to tree failures and Knotweed cases, covering subrogated recoveries, mitigation, TPO, liability and coverage. This is a highly specialised area of law and we are looking to invest time in developing the right candidate, if no direct subsidence knowledge.
- Responsible for your own caseload, under supervision, to bring matters to a swift conclusion.
- Effectively running the file to ensure deadlines are met and cases managed proactively to conclusion.
- Ensure work is carried out effectively to meet the needs of the clients, the commercial requirements of the firm and the quality standards to include.
- Engaging with clients to maximise opportunities to meet and build rapport with clients, at all times acting as an ambassador of the firm.
- Contribute to Business Development and client relationship activity in support of the Client Relationship Partner where required. Where appropriate deliver training, and attend review meetings with clients, pulling together success stories and data stories. Updating clients on market and legal issues effecting subsidence exposure. Our clients send us hundreds of claims, so an awareness of the account management is beneficial.
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
The Ideal Candidate
- Solicitor / CILEX either at NQ level or with some experience
- A high level of personal compliance with firm protocols and procedures.
- Good legal knowledge relevant to their area of expertise, for example general litigation experience or working for local authorities.
- Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues. High standard of written and oral communication skills.
- Confident negotiator, with experience of settlement negotiations.
- Financial rigour, with timely billing and closing of files.
- Able to produce work to a high standard, with attention to detail and concern for quality of service.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- Relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- Familiar with working on large accounts and management information experience. Able to assist with the collation of data and provide clients with data stories representing the book of business.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org