Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive - Regulatory (SHE) - Leeds
Are you looking for a role where you will be intellectually challenged, but treated with respect? Or an environment where you can enjoy industry-leading work quality without compromising on client contact and business development? An opportunity in our Regulatory SHE team may be for you.
Our market leading Regulatory Team are specialists in Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) work. We employ over 30 specialist lawyers across a number of key locations and are looking to expand due to client and case demands.
The work includes advising insurers’ policyholders and corporate clients in relation to investigations and prosecutions by a wide range of regulators including the Police, Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, CQC and Local Authorities. We deal with all aspects of advice and defence. We have a busy practice instructed in a number of high profile investigations and in cases involving a range of health and safety, fire and other regulatory breaches.
So, why should you be excited about a career with us?
Our diverse range of clients provides top-quality instructions and a varied and sustainable pipeline of work. Our team are empowered to develop their own client contacts and relationships from the start of their careers; you will see how your contribution directly impacts on your clients and understand how the service you provide helps them.
All across our team, from our emerging talent to our senior leadership, you won’t find a closed door, real or virtual.
We are a truly international firm with over 2,500 colleagues across 9 countries and with a myriad of international associations further bolstering our capabilities.
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
- Undertake a busy and varied case load encompassing a range of contentious and non-contentious regulatory issues for a variety of clients. You will also be expected to delegate work to junior fee earners and to assist with their supervision
- Act as a point of contact for clients working in accordance with client protocols, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Assist with business development activities with a view to developing and establishing contentious and not contentious work streams for the firm. Where appropriate assist in the preparation and delivery of pitches, presentations and training events
- Demonstrate sound file management – to include compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols and any client protocols as required
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information
- Maintain an understanding of other practice areas and an active internal network
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Solicitor with at least 2 years PQE with experience gained within a regulatory and / or commercially focused environment
- You will have experience of advising clients on a range of general criminal matters including attendance at police station interviews and/or experience of advising on regulatory work ideally including - health and safety incident investigations, prosecutions, environmental breaches, breaches of trading standards, food law and/or fire safety.
- You will have experience of business development, building client relationships and client relationship management
- Willingness to travel at short notice in order to assist clients to manage situations on the ground as they happen – driving licence essential
- Excellent legal drafting, analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrate ability and exceed budgetary requirements in terms of both time and fee income
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).