Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive - Property - Bristol
A new opportunity has arisen within the Claims Solutions Group within our International Law Firm DAC Beachcroft. The Complex Property team is one of the products comprising the Property service line of the firm's Claims Solutions Group, which is based in Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. The Complex Damage team in Birmingham provides advice and claims management to the insurance industry. Whilst the majority of the team are Birmingham based we would also consider applicants in Bristol, Manchester and Glasgow.
The team is expanding in all areas and now seeks one 0-4 year PQE Solicitors, Chartered Legal Executives or Barristers to work on matters including :-
- Property damage insurance recoveries (Claimant work) typically over £150,000 in value and covering a range of perils including fire, flood and escape of water.
- Public and product liability matters relating to property damage (Defendant work) of any value; and Policy coverage and fraud (advisory and Defendant work) on property damage and liability matters, again of any value.
The successful candidates will demonstrate a successful track record and ability to excel in the following areas:
- Acting for a number of large commercial / insurer clients in fast and multi-track property insurance litigation disputes.
- Handling a varied workload in accordance with insurer client protocols
- Exercise full compliance with Client and internal protocols for billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Supporting marketing and business development activities within the team.
- Building effective internal and external networks in order to maximise cross-selling opportunities.
- Maintaining an awareness of the firm's core strategies and aims. Handling confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
The candidates will have the opportunity to become involved in marketing and client facing activities in order to build the business and his or her career. This is an expanding business with good opportunities for career progression.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified solicitor, chartered legal executive or barrister with at least six months' relevant litigation experience.
- Commercially and financially astute.
- Technically excellent with an aptitude for accurately analysing and effectively resolving complex claims, to include seeking guidance where appropriate.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day-to-day issues within the team's reporting and supervisory structure.
- Team-oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge wand support other members of the team.
- Flexible, proactive and open to innovative working methods.
- IT literate, with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ideally your litigation dispute experience will demonstrate a mixture of Claimant and Defendant (i.e. recovery and liability) work, also with some Policy coverage and general advisory experience
- The ability to meet and exceed minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Excellent client care skills
- Commitment to personal and technical development with a view to the delivery of commercially focused legal services to the firm's clients
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org