Solicitor/ Chartered Legal Executive - Motor Organised Fraud
Our award-winning Organised Fraud team are now accepting applications from enthusiastic fee-earners who are looking to build an exciting career. If you would like to have an initial conversation before applying for this position please contact Emma Colls by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting the job reference.
Further information about this exciting opportunity is below:
After a period of consolidation in the counter-fraud market, this is an exciting time for the Organised Fraud Team as we are experiencing growth in our instructions. Currently the team has one partner and one associate with a further nine lawyers, working alongside one of the largest Intelligence Teams in the country. Our Organised Fraud Team is based in Birmingham.
The work includes:-
- Phantom Passengers
- Contrived Claims
- Semi-staged / Staged Claims
- Exaggerated Claims
- Organised (Ringed) Fraud
The team is an award-winning team, most recently picking up the prestigious "Claims Partner of the Year" at the Insurance Times Awards 2018 for the team’s work on Operation Tiny. It has a reputation for not only defending the claims themselves (the main aim is full repudiation), but also for proactively tackling those organisations and professional enablers behind the claims, particularly for organised fraud. The team adopts a collaborative approach where both reactive and proactive investigation is promoted, working hand in hand with our clients and agencies such as IFED and the new Regional Fraud teams.
Our investigative work has resulted in a number of outstanding successes for our clients: findings of fraud in civil courts, cases which are being developed for contempt proceedings, and, where a police referral has been made, sentences handed down in successful criminal prosecutions. The success of the team is due to innovative legal strategies and the use of sophisticated analysis, such as telecommunications work, to ensure the insurance fraud industry is equipped to combat these claims.
- Handling a varied caseload of pre-litigated and litigated claims (depending on experience), with an appropriate level of supervision
- Supporting the more experienced fee earners in the team on the more complex or larger fraud cases
- Acting as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Ensuring full compliance with clients' SLAs and DAC Beachcroft's internal protocols
- Demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- Achieving annual fee targets and hitting 1440 chargeable hours per year
- Supporting marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Building an awareness of the Firm's other services, developing effective internal and external networks
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and meeting Solicitors Regulatory Authority CPD requirements, where necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced fee earner (Paralegal/Litigation Executive, Legal Executive or Solicitor), preferably with a strong litigation background gained within a personal injury environment
- Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules
- Expertise in fraud is beneficial, but not essential, as the successful candidate will be fully trained in dealing with fraud cases
- Confident negotiator and communicator
- First class investigation and analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision, but also a team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particularly in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team
- A commercial perspective on legal issues
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.