Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive - Criminal Motor Defence
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive to join our Criminal Motor Defence team in Bristol and as part of our national Claims Solutions Group. Our Criminal Motor Defence team is a recognised market leader in the criminal representation of drivers involved in serious motoring offences. Clients range from professional drivers to individual motorists.
- Provide legal representation to drivers at police station interviews for offences of causing death by dangerous/careless driving;
- Handle indictable/either way and summary offence cases;
- Handle Inquest cases related to fatal road traffic collisions;
- Day to day responsibilities will include analysing and advising upon evidence, attending police interviews, briefing counsel, reporting to insurer clients, interviewing witnesses and drafting witness statements;
- Responsible for financial management of own caseload, to include regular billing;
- Working to productivity and fee income targets, as well as client Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols;
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience;
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files;
- Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks;
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans;
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge and handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced and knowledgeable Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive - police station accredited and with experience gained in criminal litigation.
- Experience in representing drivers charged with road traffic offences.
- Previous experience in personal injury preferable though not essential.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to deal appropriately and sensitively with drivers involved in fatal road traffic accidents.
- Meet and exceed budgetary requirements in terms of both time and fee income.
- Proactive and energetic with a tenacious approach to identifying issues and solving problems.
- Willingness to work out of hours where required to attend police stations.
- Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work to productivity and fee income targets, as well as client Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and adherence to strict quality working standards; and Team oriented. A collegiate approach to sharing knowledge and working with both senior and junior colleagues across different locations and practice groups is essential.
- IT literate with good knowledge of Word. Knowledge/previous experience of a case management system is also essential, as are good keyboard skills.
- Must have full driving licence and be prepared to travel.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org