Solicitor/ Chartered Legal Executive - Complex Injury – Bristol
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, including complex and catastrophic injury.
The complex injury team in Bristol (which is part of the Claims Solution Group) works on behalf of insurance companies and corporates, investigating and resolving complex and/or high value personal injury compensation claims. This is an exciting time to join as you will be a part of an expanding team
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
- Effectively running the file to ensure deadlines are met and cases managed proactively to conclusion
- To assist more senior fee earners on more complex and higher value cases and Partners on multi million-pound claims
- Applying appropriate and current technical expertise and case law
- Engaging with clients where appropriate to maximise opportunities to meet and build rapport with clients, at all times acting as an ambassador of the firm
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified solicitor/chartered legal executive experience.
- Some previous experience of working or assisting on Large Loss and/or Cat PI claims
- Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands
- High standard of written and oral communication skills; team oriented and collegiate
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues