Solicitor/ Chartered Legal Executive - Commercial and Household Recoveries
DAC Beachcroft's Claims Solutions Group Property team provides solutions to the Insurance Property Recovery Sectors. Our specialist property and recovery team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
- Public Liability / Property Damage claims
- Property subsidence
- Property recovery
- Fraud recovery
- Credit hire recovery
- Motor recovery
The Commercial and Household Recoveries team is looking to add 0-2 years PQE Solicitors or Chartered Legal Executive qualified fee earners to the team.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role please feel free to contact me via email at: email@example.com
The role is to work within the Commercial & Household Recoveries team. This is predominantly a claimant based role.
Depending on workloads in the team the candidate will be asked to undertake:
- General recoveries tasks consisting of predominantly investigatory work on all fast and multi-track files.
- Investigating liability on a variety of general recoveries claims, ranging from escapes of water, flooding, impact and fire damage etc.
- Handling their own case load, including negotiating quantum and settlement of damages with third parties
- Obtaining witness statements; contacting relevant parties to obtain salient documents; drafting letters of claim, issuing proceedings, disclosure, instructing Counsel/experts, progressing a file through to Trial.
The candidate will:
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft LLP protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive and have litigation experience (0-2 year PQE).
- Be interested in and preferably have a basic understanding of general contract and tort;
- Be interested in and willing to learn insurance property damage law;
- Be interested in and willing to learn the technical aspects of construction and property investigation as required for the role
- Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
- Willingness to follow a process driven system, working within set parameters.
- Be team orientated, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to claims settlement.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org