Solicitor/ Chartered Legal Executive - Motor Injury
Working within the London catastrophic and large loss injury team, your case load will be largely RTA claims with some EL and PL claims. Experience of dealing with RTA, EL and PL claims is essential.
Part time applicants will be considered and flexible/agile working is available following successful completion of probationary period.
- Working in a team of 13+ fee earners with plans for further expansion.
- Working for household name insurer clients and their Insureds.
- Handling a varied workload in accordance with client protocols, acting as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Exercising full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Aiming to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Supporting marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training.
- Building an awareness of DAC Beachcroft's other services.
- Building effective internal and external networks.
- Maintaining an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fee earner with a demonstrable interest or previous experience in the practice area.
- Approximately 4-6 years PQE
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority; simply an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.