Solicitor/ Chartered Legal Executive - Casualty
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
Working within the injury team, your case load will be a mixture of EL, PL claims and product liability claims; you may also deal with some high value motor claims. Experience of dealing with EL and PL claims is essential. We will be looking for the candidate to work on a broad profile of cases and to assist more senior fee earners on more complex and higher value cases.
- You will be working in a team of fee earners handling mainly casualty injury cases.
- You will work for a mixture of household name insurer clients and self-Insured companies which instruct us direct.
- You will handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- You will exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- You will aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- You will support marketing and business development activity within the team eg attending marketing events and client training.
- You will build an awareness of DAC Beachcroft's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
- You will maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- You will handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
- CILEx/ Solicitor with a demonstrable interest or previous experience in the practice area
- Good academic record and excellent communication skills
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.