Solicitor/ Chartered Legal Executive - Casualty Fraud
Our Casualty Fraud are now accepting applications from enthusiastic fee-earners who are looking to build an exciting career.
The work includes:-
• Exaggerated claims
• Fabricated Claims
• Fabricated Accident Circumstances
• Substituted Injury
• Organised (Ringed) Claims
Our investigative work has resulted in a number of outstanding successes for our clients: findings of fraud in civil courts, successful contempt of court proceedings and where a police referral has been made, sentences handed down in successful criminal prosecutions. The success of the team is due to innovative legal strategies and the use of sophisticated analysis, such as telecommunications work, to ensure the insurance fraud industry is equipped to combat these claims. Please note that this opportunity is initially for a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Working on casualty matters, your case load will be primarily public liability and employers liability cases
- Handling a varied caseload of litigated work, covering the above types of claim, with an appropriate level of supervision
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Exercise full compliance with client's SLAs, as well as DAC Beachcroft's internal protocols
- Demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Solicitors Regulatory Authority CPD requirements, where necessary
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
- CILEX/Solicitor with a demonstrable interest or previous experience in the practice area
- Experienced fee earner with a strong litigation background, preferably gained within a personal injury environment. Knowledge and experience within EL/PL is essential. Expertise in fraud is beneficial, but not essential, as the successful candidate will be fully trained in dealing with fraud cases
- Confident negotiator and communicator
- Excellent litigator with first class investigation / analytical skills who will also be looking to acquire regulatory experience
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Flexible with a positive attitude to change, both internally and in the context of clients' business
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues
- Team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particularly in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at recruitment@dacbeachcroft