Solicitor - Casualty Injury – Belfast
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Solicitor to join our Claims Solutions Team in our Belfast office.
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, clinical negligence, motor, casualty, disease, product, professional negligence and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
- Running, and assisting team partner, in running a case load of pre-litigation and litigated work with the appropriate levels of supervision. These will include cases where liability is disputed.
- Hit, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of financial performance, realisation rates, settlement rate and average claim spend
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Maintain an awareness of firm's procedures and strategies
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
- A Solicitor with 0 – 5 years PQE with a keen interest and enthusiasm for and ideally, prior experience in, employers and public liability personal injury litigation.
- Able to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues with a concern for quality of service
- A confident communicator who can communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form
- Excellent organisational skills and able to effectively prioritise and manage own workload
- Detail conscious and able to produce work to a high standard
- Able to work on own initiative as well as to work with and learn from supervisors and other members of the department
- A team player with a flexible and self-motivated approach
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).