Solicitor / Associate - Clinical Risk, Newcastle
DAC Beachcroft is seeking 0-5+PQE Solicitors/Associates to join our friendly and dynamic Clinical Risk team in Newcastle. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual to join an award-winning, progressive and highly specialised team. We have a proven track record in complex claims across all medical specialisms.
DAC Beachcroft – A Life that Works
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. Our clinical risk cluster is the biggest nationally, located across 5 locations, in Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Winchester and Newcastle. Our technology and flexibility allow us to connect colleagues from across the country and accept the best candidates, wherever you are. We are capable of working “location blind” across our offices.
We pride ourselves on our supportive, approachable culture. We are trusted, appreciated as individuals and embraced as part of a team. At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences, we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you as an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the ‘whole you’ to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
Our flexible approach means that we help our colleagues to be their best at work, while recognising that they have all sorts of different interests and commitments outside work. Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. Combine this with our supportive culture, and you have: a Life that Works.
- Handling a challenging but fulfilling caseload of defendant clinical negligence work acting for a variety of clients, which may include work for NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts, MDU, independent providers, and medical malpractice insurers
- Drafting legal documents, conducting face to face negotiations and mediation of claims, preparing cases for and adhering to court deadlines
- Engaging in direct client care, acting as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis, providing them with commercially focused legal advice, and adhering to their protocols and processes
- Making an appropriate contribution to non-fee-earning activity. You will be encouraged to participate in knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications, and business development
The Ideal Candidate
- A 0-5+PQE Solicitor/Associate with experience in clinical negligence, personal injury, civil litigation, or insurance law.
- Experience of an NHS Resolution or MDO panel firm would be desirable but is not essential. We want the best candidates no matter what their background is.
- Strong technical and organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of clinical negligence claims simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic' approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams.
Our promise to you
We will provide you with:
- Flexibility – home-working and part-time work will be considered.
- Fantastic benefits, which include regular pay reviews with consideration of the wider market, attractive pension scheme, private medical insurance, and regular social events.
- A competitive bonus scheme that recognises not just financial performance but ’added value’ for our clients.
What you can do for us
APPLY, because we want to hear from ambitious and passionate solicitors who wish to be part of our team. Bring positivity, bring innovation and bring a hard-working ethos, to help strengthen our team and to provide quality work for our clients.
Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We have a growing number of internal networks to increase our inclusion and understanding of one another:
- Access (BAME London & Bristol)
- Christian Network (Bristol & London)
- Spectrum (LGBT+)
- Women+ Networks (London, Bristol, Leeds, Newport, Manchester, Newcastle , Birmingham)
- Parents & Carers’ Forum
Please also see Reconnect: our returners programme aimed at lawyers who have taken time away from the law, offering mentoring and support for colleagues who are returning to work through our partnership with Women Returners.
We want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you require any further information on our process, our recruitment team would be happy to have a chat. Please contact Nitin Rajput on email@example.com.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org