Solicitor (0-1 PQE)
Our specialist Recoveries team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
- Public Liability / Property Damage claims
- Property subsidence
- Property recovery
- Fraud recovery
- Motor recovery
The team now seeks a newly qualified Solicitor to work primarily on recovery claims.
The candidate will have the opportunity to become involved in marketing and client facing activities in order to build the business and his or her career. This is an expanding business with good opportunities for rapid career progression.
The team now seeks qualified fee earners to work on matters including:
- Property damage recoveries Plaintiff work of any value and covering a range of perils including fire, flood, escape of water and escape of oil.
- Public and product liability matters relating to property damage Plaintiff work of any value; and
- Motor Recovery matters
- Completing MI for various clients on a monthly and weekly basis.
- Assisting Fee Earners to include, but not limited to, attending Counsel at Hearings; attending site inspections/engineer’s inspections; review of medical records and preparation of chronologies .
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Recoveries
The candidate will also have to:
- Handle a varied workload in accordance with insurer client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a NQ Solicitor with strong litigation experience;
- Exhibit excellence in analysing cases in detail and effectively resolving complex claims, to include seeking guidance where appropriate;
- Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Be Commercially and financially astute.
- Be able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day-to-day issues within the team's reporting and supervisory structure.
- Be team-oriented, with a willingness to share knowledge and support other members of the team.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.