Solicitor / Associate - Employment, London
The Employment and Pensions Group at DAC Beachcroft is over 90 strong with 17 Partners and a presence in London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Bristol.
The London Employment team comprises 29 fee earners, including 6 Partners, two of whom sit on the firm’s main board. The team has a strong and growing reputation in the London market and is recognised as Band 2 in Chambers UK 2020, and Tier 2 in the latest Legal 500.
This particular position will focus on supporting the team's financial and commercial sector clients, which includes five of the top ten investment banks and major multinational employers. The firm and the team genuinely values work/life balance and offers the opportunity to work on interesting, complex matters in a calm and collegiate environment. The role also offers real opportunity for advancement.
- Undertake a busy and varied workload of employment matters advising all types of employers, with an emphasis on our financial services sector clients
- Work on complex discrimination, whistle blowing and breach of contract litigation (Employment Tribunal and High Court) under appropriate supervision
- Assist on non-contentious projects including restructures (redundancy and TUPE) in the UK and across multiple jurisdictions
- General employment advisory work by telephone and email
- Take an active role in supervising the work of and assisting in the development of trainees and paralegals
- Take part in and initiate marketing, networking and other business development activities in order to maintain and develop work from existing clients and potential clients. This includes assisting with client seminars and delivering training
- Contribute to non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, internal training
The Ideal Candidate
- We would expect the post holder to be a solicitor with proven post qualification experience within Employment. We welcome applications from candidates with relevant Employment experience at all levels.
- Ideally experience of advising clients in the financial services sector and multi-national commercial clients
- Must have experience of working on tribunal claims and other contentious matters
- Independent thinker with a focus on generating commercial solutions to problems on behalf of clients
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships with clients and influence at all levels
- Enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com