Security Awareness and Education Manager - Bristol
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Security Awareness and Education Manger to join our busy IT team in Bristol.
You will raise awareness and provide education of security-related themes to our internal colleagues through informing, connecting and engaging people using multiple communications channels and creative content. You will also be responsible for developing a security awareness programme and identifying top human risks to the business and behaviours needed to mitigate against these. The ultimate aim is to create a strong culture focused on protecting and security our Firm.
- Produce security collateral and communications to a high quality
- Drive behavioural change by designing and implementing a security education and awareness plan
- Plan, manage and maintain organisation-wide security awareness projects, events and communications campaigns
- Responsibility to implement security awareness events, roadshows and cyber champions groups
- Maintain security communications channels (intranet, newsletter, enterprise social media etc)
- Support and improve the on-going phishing testing programme
- Develop a strong understanding of DACB’s regulatory and client/contractual obligations for cyber security, and the requirements of standards such as ISO27001, GDPR and Cyber Essentials Plus
- Produce regular reporting to demonstrate the effectiveness of awareness & education activities and identify gaps and recommendations where needed
The Ideal Candidate
- Good understanding of cyber threats and maintains knowledge of evolving threat landscape
- Good understanding of business risk, especially regulatory requirements
- Experience of using communications channels and platforms
- Experience designing and managing the delivery of successful employee engagements in a large organisation
- Skilled in the creation of digital content with an appreciation of how to make campaigns engaging and impactful
- Strong engagement and communication skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative
- Able to pay and maintain close attention to detail
- Have sound analytical skills; able to think laterally and challenge existing concepts
- Have the ability to understand technical complexities and issues, and be able to explain and translate these to a less technical audience
- To have a genuine passion for Cyber Security and a drive to continually develop professional and personal knowledge in this fast-moving area
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
DAC Beachcroft wants to encourage disabled people to apply for jobs and give them an opportunity to show their skills, talent and abilities at the interview stage. If you have a long term health condition which has an adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities and feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact email@example.com in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org