We are currently recruiting for a Revenue Assistant to join our Bristol office. Initially any successful applicant will be onboarded remotely but will need to be in a commutable distance from our Bristol office. The Revenue Assistant will work as part of a busy team of 18 and be responsible for playing a part in achieving national billing targets. This is a permanent vacancy. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Working hours: 35 hours a week, office hours: Monday- Friday 9.00-5.00
A typical day for the Revenue Assistant will involve anything from liaising with partners and fee earners to resolving billing queries, updating and amending file data to ensure correct billing and processing proformas.
The Revenue team structure is as follows: 1 Revenue Manager, 1 Revenue Supervisor, 2 Senior Revenue Assistants, 13 Revenue Assistants and 1 Revenue Administrator. All elements of the Revenue team work together to ensure efficient and effective billing.
• Responsibility for the billing of specific clusters / clients
• Liaising and building excellent working relationships with all levels of employees across the practice areas
• Understanding the billing and data requirements of the cluster to ensure effective and accurate billing
• Meeting SLA targets for billing and query resolution
• Checking correct details are present on all proformas and resolving queries where information is missing
• Processing high volumes of invoices using various electronic billing systems currently in use within the department in compliance with client billing protocols
• Preparing excel bordereaux bill schedules and accompanying bill documents
• Updating the matter data on the Finance system following requests from the business to ensure smooth billing
• Processing of credit notes and reversals
• Investigating errors on billing guides to ensure overall compliance with client billing protocols, VAT charges and billing templates.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
• Quality oriented with a focused customer service approach
• Must be highly organised with the ability to effectively manage a constantly changing workload under pressure, meeting demanding processing targets and adhering to service standards
• Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative with a pro-active and flexible approach with and a good eye for detail, excellent communication and numeracy skills
• A good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages especially Excel and Word.
• Previous billing / administration experience
• A background in volume processing within a Finance function of a law firm
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com